Tools for Service Providers for Addressing Hoarding Disorder
This Guidance Document was adapted by the Cape Cod Hoarding Task Force from a document developed by the Brookline Hoarding Task Force. It is intended to provide guidance for service providers on Cape Cod.
- Identify and handle emergency and non-emergency situations.
- Conduct home assessments for compulsive hoarding.
- Enforce the State Sanitary Code through the Health Department.
- Work with non-compliant clients.
- Follow-up after a property has been brought to a safe condition.
- Tips for Prevention and Early Intervention.